I am so fed up having to explain to GPs and gynaecologists my justification for knowing, 100% for certain, that I am not pregnant.
I get asked this question a lot due to my gynaecology history and on going treatments. It's a precaution that's necessary to take for some of the hormone treatments I need to take.
It goes like this:
Doctor: "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?"
Me: "None at all"
Doctor: "You sound pretty sure about that. How can you be sure? Not all contraceptives are 100% effective"
Me: "I know. For sure."
Doctor: "I don't understand how you can know."
Me: "I don't sleep with men. I'm a lesbian. I haven't done what is needed to be done to get pregnant."
Doctor: "oh."
EVERY TIME!
By Katie
- Planet LondonHome page
- Calendarwhat's on for lesbians in London?
- Directoryultimate lesbian listings for London
- featured features, articles & reviews
- Giving
Backsupporting LGBT charities - Exclusive
OffersShop, offers,
competitions - Scene Shapervoice of
the scene - Live & Streamingfrom stage to sofa
- Members Area
Sign in and save
Welcome to the Big Bang Blog by Planet London. A blog for the voice of lesbian London. You are welcome to comment on any posts, or you can send us an article if you'd like us to publish something specific.
30 August 2013
Are you sure you're not pregnant?
Labels:
gynaecology,
Katie Bennett-Hall,
lesbian,
lesbian health,
NHS,
Planet London,
pregnant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Ultimate-Planet.com 2011-2013
Part of the Ultimate Planet universe: Ultimate Planet | Planet London | Planet Publishing | Planet PR and Marketing | Planet Fiction
I have the same! I was asked what contraception methods I was using and said I don't sleep with men. Next time I was there I saw my records said 'not sexually active'. Err...
ReplyDeleteI was made to do a pregnancy test before they would do a scan despite the fact that I assured them it was 20 years since I last had sex with a man.
ReplyDeleteI have to take a pregnancy test every time I have surgery - despite NEVER sleeping with a man. At least the last time the nurse was very apologetic about it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the confusion I get from GPs and consultants when i tell them I have pain during sex - they look at me and say "But I thought you were a lesbian". So... lesbians don't have sex?!