For me success is doing the best I can with what I have access to. That however includes identifying opportunities and going and making them.
Inspiration comes from everyday life; as do ideas. To truly make the most of potential opportunities, you have to be able to look at things from more than one perspective - after all if the opportunity was right in front of you, the chances are someone else has already taken it!
Planet London for me is my biggest success to date. It started from a tiny bit of frustration; from hearing my friends' frustration, and from my attitude to life -which is if I am not happy with something I could complain; or I could try and do something about it. This mantra is what has led us to where we are today. The nugget of an idea has evolved into a comprehensive and influential website.
I am proud to say that I run this website with my wife. I am proud to say we have at the heart of everything we do, 100%, the interests of the LBQ London community. I am proud to hear the feedback when I meet people out and about who use our site.
But we're not complacent; and we're not satisfied. There is so much more to be done.
The more feedback we receive, and the more visitors we get; and the more our content is shared around; the more inspired we are to go bigger and better. We believe that our community deserves it.
We are proud of our collaborative approach to everyone we work with. We maintain rates that are affordable to all to ensure that every event and small business has the same opportunity to promote themselves. We do not charge for our events calendar and basic listings so that everyone can get some promotion.
We hope to inspire more women to take the plunge and run their own business. It is often hard work; but if you enjoy it; the rewards are as big as the ideas and the effort you put in.
If you are inspired by what we do, and want to do something yourself, we would love to hear from you.
By Naomi
- Planet LondonHome page
- Calendarwhat's on for lesbians in London?
- Directoryultimate lesbian listings for London
- featured features, articles & reviews
- Giving
Backsupporting LGBT charities - Exclusive
OffersShop, offers,
competitions - Scene Shapervoice of
the scene - Live & Streamingfrom stage to sofa
- Members Area
Sign in and save
Welcome to the Big Bang Blog by Planet London. A blog for the voice of lesbian London. You are welcome to comment on any posts, or you can send us an article if you'd like us to publish something specific.
11 May 2014
What is success and where does inspiration come from?
Labels:
inspiration,
LBQ events,
LBQ London,
LBQ Women,
Planet London
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
© Ultimate-Planet.com 2011-2013
Part of the Ultimate Planet universe: Ultimate Planet | Planet London | Planet Publishing | Planet PR and Marketing | Planet Fiction
No comments:
Post a Comment